I am one of your mates in this subject. My name is Miriam Moscatel.
The design and colours of your blog are very pleasant to see.
I love very much the song you choose for the listening acivity but I am not quite clear about this one. It is supposed that, from the drawings, students should invent stories to improve their vocabulary about winter, right?
From my point of view, as these drawings seem to be colured by them (or not), I suppose that the level of the students in English can be low as they are too young. So, the problem I can see is that maybe they would need some clues to start writing their stories, as they do not have anything to start. I mean that there is not an example of how to write or some words to use.
Other thing is that you try to do a brainstorming of ideas from the images and, instead of asking them at first to write a story, start asking for which are the words they already know from "winter topic". And from then, show them how to build the story.
This is just a suggestion and maybe I missunderstood it. Congratulations for the blog as, in my case, I am not a digital native and it is a very big effort.
I must confess I love your blog, because you suggest different kinds of activities I consider to be very creative and enjoyable for children. And I like this one especially because it is related what I have seen in another subject: this is a good activity to promote interaction among students. They should feel active participants in the learning process because each piece of the story is important in order to create the final result. Furthermore, apart from practicing writing skills it could be a good opportunity to review some grammar structures, specific vocabulary about Christmas and also speaking skills, as they can practice pronunciation and intonation by reading it aloud. It could be a good idea to stick the pictures on colorful cards and tell the story to smaller children, by pointing out the illustrations while telling the story.
I want to tell you that I love this activity! It is very useful to practice and improve vocabulary and writing and it is also very fun! Students love this kind of activities because they are active and in this activity instead of words and paragraphs, they have pictures about christmas! I think that they will have a very good time doing this activity.
Here is my blog if you want to check it out: http://havingfunwith.blogspot.com.es/
Hello Ana! I really like the activity you proposed! First of all because it is related to the winter time, so the current time. Furthermore I think children get more creative with pictures and if you give them, they start imagine things of the boys or other characters appearing on those pictures. So it can be easier for them to start writing a story about them. Congratulations for this great activity!
This activity is really interesting in order to improve writing skills. Children normally love paint and these pictures I´m sure for them will be very nice.
It´s a very good idea that with some pictures our students can write a brief and easy story, for that reason the pictures that we chose are very important since must be motivating for children. Congratulations!
Hi Ana!
ResponderEliminarI am one of your mates in this subject. My name is Miriam Moscatel.
The design and colours of your blog are very pleasant to see.
I love very much the song you choose for the listening acivity but I am not quite clear about this one. It is supposed that, from the drawings, students should invent stories to improve their vocabulary about winter, right?
From my point of view, as these drawings seem to be colured by them (or not), I suppose that the level of the students in English can be low as they are too young. So, the problem I can see is that maybe they would need some clues to start writing their stories, as they do not have anything to start. I mean that there is not an example of how to write or some words to use.
Other thing is that you try to do a brainstorming of ideas from the images and, instead of asking them at first to write a story, start asking for which are the words they already know from "winter topic". And from then, show them how to build the story.
This is just a suggestion and maybe I missunderstood it. Congratulations for the blog as, in my case, I am not a digital native and it is a very big effort.
Best regards
Miriam
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
ResponderEliminarGood afternoon Ana!
ResponderEliminarI must confess I love your blog, because you suggest different kinds of activities I consider to be very creative and enjoyable for children. And I like this one especially because it is related what I have seen in another subject: this is a good activity to promote interaction among students. They should feel active participants in the learning process because each piece of the story is important in order to create the final result. Furthermore, apart from practicing writing skills it could be a good opportunity to review some grammar structures, specific vocabulary about Christmas and also speaking skills, as they can practice pronunciation and intonation by reading it aloud. It could be a good idea to stick the pictures on colorful cards and tell the story to smaller children, by pointing out the illustrations while telling the story.
Good job!!
Best whishes
Raquel Eslava
I want to tell you that I love this activity!
ResponderEliminarIt is very useful to practice and improve vocabulary and writing and it is also very fun! Students love this kind of activities because they are active and in this activity instead of words and paragraphs, they have pictures about christmas!
I think that they will have a very good time doing this activity.
Here is my blog if you want to check it out:
http://havingfunwith.blogspot.com.es/
Bye!
Hello Ana!
ResponderEliminarI really like the activity you proposed! First of all because it is related to the winter time, so the current time. Furthermore I think children get more creative with pictures and if you give them, they start imagine things of the boys or other characters appearing on those pictures. So it can be easier for them to start writing a story about them. Congratulations for this great activity!
Albert Vázquez de Castro Rué
Hi Ana!
ResponderEliminarThis activity is really interesting in order to improve writing skills. Children normally love paint and these pictures I´m sure for them will be very nice.
It´s a very good idea that with some pictures our students can write a brief and easy story, for that reason the pictures that we chose are very important since must be motivating for children. Congratulations!
Kind Regards,
Marta