jueves, 20 de diciembre de 2012

Improving your listening with song


Fill in the gaps with the correct words, according to the song provided in the following link:

 

I just called to say I love you  by Stevie Wonder

 
No ………. ………. Day to celebrate.

No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away.

No first of spring.

No song to ……….

In fact here's just another ordinary day.

No ………. rain.

No flowers bloom.

No wedding Saturday within the month of ……….

But what it is, is something true.

Made up of these three words that I must ………. to you.

I just called to say I love you.

I just called to say how much I care.

I just called to say I love you.

And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

No summer's high.

No warm ……….

No harvest moon to light one tender ………. night.

No autumn breeze.

No falling leaves.

Not even time for birds to ………. to southern skies.

No Libra sun.

No ……….

No giving thanks to all the ………. joy you bring.

But what it is, though old so ……….

To fill your heart like no three words could ever do.

I just called to say I love you.

I just called to say how much I care, I do.

I just called to say I love you.

And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

4 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Dear Ana.
    You have a nice blog. I like this activity and the song is good. You have good taste in music. I think you can embebed the goear player into the blog, so it's nicer to see it.

    Please visit my blog and make a nice comment.
    http://germanpvunir.blogspot.com.es/

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Ana!!

    I think that this song is perfect to begin to practice listening, in fact I do your activity in my mind while was playing.

    On the other hand, my modest opinion is that will be better if you shall gather slightly the lyrics of the song.

    Nevertheless I want to tell that I love very much your tipe of letter used.

    Have a nice weekend.

    JORGE A.BLANCO CARIÑANOS

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Dear Ana,

    Thank you for sharing these exercises and ideas. In my opinion all of them are very appropriate to learn English, specially this song that I like so much. However, I agree with Jorge's opinion about the lyrics.

    Nevertheless, I think that it is a great blog. Congratulations.

    Best regards,

    Belén Torres.

    ResponderEliminar