jueves, 20 de diciembre de 2012

Improving your listening and your speaking with this Christmas Story

Listen and repeat this Christmas Story
 

10 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello!!

    I am Silvia, your mate in UNIR.
    I like a lot this activity. It´s different from other pronunciation activities and the story it is lovely.
    While I was listening the story, I have had an idea to work in class in 5th or 6th level. Why don´t they invent a different ending to the story?. They will work the pronunciation, reading &comprehension and the writing in groups.

    In short, this kind of activities motivate our pupils and improve our English classes.

    Kind regards,

    SILVIA :))

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hello Ana!

      I agree with our classmates, the activity is fantastic! children really love singing and listening to music, so learning songs will be very fun for them.

      On the other hand, last Christmas, when preparing the role playing for the parents with the christmas songs, at the beggining, until they learned the lyrics and the rythm of the song, they were a little desperate, but afterwards, they were all the time singing all around the class. I prepared a powerpoint with images related to the lyrics of the songs, structured on paragrafs per slice, and it made it easier. As well I organized games and competitions to see which group sang better.

      The thing is that singing and learning lyrics is always a very good chance for improving english language. COngratulations!

      Lourdes.

      http://learningenglishplaying.blogspot.com.es/

      Eliminar
  3. Hello Ana and... Congratulations!!! It is a different activity to work with the children in the classroom. It is also a motivating activity and really practice from my point of view. As Silvia says it has a lot of possibilities for example, it could even considerer the possibility of preparing a small stage play in English on the video and of presenting it in the Christams Festival of the School, what do you think about it?... In this case the students would work different skills such as Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking and improve their Vocabulary and it would be a good moment to teach and learn in another context.

    Best Wishes,
    Estela

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Ana!
    I like this story because the voice is very clear with very good pronunciation. Besides the voice is very slow and below of the screen appears the letter of the story according to the story develops.
    I like the drawing of Santa´s Christmas. They are very good in colors and shapes.
    Congratulations for your work, Anna.
    Mario

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello Ana!
    I just finished my blog and I found yours. They both have the central theme Christmas. I really liked this activity because it is very complete, children can listen to the story while they read. Besides the pronunciation is very good and slow.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello,

    very nice activity. I think it is very important to take the advantage of every single event, in this case, Christmas Time; so our pupils can see English as an useful subject and they will be motivated to its study.

    Good job, congratulations.

    Regards,
    María

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Simple great! It is a good Christmas tale, it is very good activity for the children to improve their listening. The pronunciation is very clear so it is very easy for the kids to follow

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hello Ana!
    Congratulations!
    It is a very good activity to work the listening and pronunciation. It is easy to understand and the English is very clear.

    Very good job,

    Best wishes,

    Bego Unir

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hello! I think with this activity the students are going to engoy very much! In addition, the students are going to improve their pronunciation.

    Well done!

    María Casillas Marchante

    ResponderEliminar